Friday, 21 March 2008

Blackforest Slice

Blackforest Slice
Blackforest cake is my all-time favourite. My mum used to buy it for me every year for my birthday. So when I saw a blackforest slice recipe in "Family Circle Step-by-Step: Superb Slices", I just had to give it a go, even if it was Tuesday night!

The slice wasn't hard to make but just a little time consuming. The prep took me nearly an hour as I did it all by hand. I also melted chocolate and butter over steam for the first time and I'm glad it turned out alright. After the baking and preparing, I had to wait for more than an hour for the slice to cool and set in the fridge. It was nearly bed time before I had a taste!

The chocolate base was rich and dense. It was a cross between a fudge and brownie. It was very good. The black cherries exploded in my mouth and tasted wonderful with the chocolate flavour. Overall, it had a sweet, dark taste. It was well worth the wait and effort.

I shared half of it with my colleagues the next day and those women (and one man) absolutely loved it! They happily went for seconds when offered it. I give this recipe a double chocolatey thumbs up!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uniquely interesting blog; a good read.

Salihan said...

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed it.