Divinely Simple Sour Cream Apple Pie
Last night, I tried to comfort myself after the crochet madness by baking a sour cream apple slice using a recipe my colleague gave me. It's been a LONG time since I have to throw my cooking away and it made me very sad. The apples and sour cream didn't firm up and tasted very bland. I wonder whether she might have missed out a few ingredients when she typed up the recipe for me.
Not surprisingly, I was still craving a baked apple dish today. I found this recipe tucked away in my recipe folder and I'm so glad I found it as the pie turned out beautiful! The streusel topping was just the right sweetness and matched the slightly tangy apples to a tee!
Note: The recipe asked for a frozen pie shell but I couldn't find it at the supermarket. So I lined a pie dish with thawed shortcrust pastry sheets and blind baked it first. I just had a read through the comments on the website and realised that I could have put the pastry lined pie dish in the freezer for a while and then follow all the instructions as per the recipe. Oh well. I'll try that next time. It might make my pie shell more crumbly.
Still, what a difference a good recipe makes! It's simple, easy to follow and hard to stuff up. Try it for yourself!
Sour Cream Apple Pie with Streusel Topping Recipe

1 comment:
What a great winter dish. I might get that one done up myself in case some old friends drop in...
Post a Comment