Sunday Scones
I don't remember ever making scones before and I don't think I've ever liked scones. I found them dry and flour-y. This all changed when my colleague, Olly, brought in some of her delicious homemade scones. It was moist and delicious with butter and jam. I was inspired to try making them this weekened.
She gave me her recipe and this morning I was all set and ready to go. I opened the fridge door to grab the eggs and there were none left! Richard used up the eggs to make an omellete for dinner last night. So I jumped on the net and found an egg-less basic scone recipe which had lots of good reviews.
The scones looked great. It was soft and moist in the middle and were yummy with butter, jam and whipped cream. Two things I would have done differently was to use less flour when kneading the dough and when dusting the baking tray. It would have also benefitted with a little bit of salt too.
I also followed Olly's tip of using warm milk, instead of cold milk. I'm not sure whether it made a difference because this is my first time making scones. But it didn't result in hard scones so maybe it did.
I will definitely try making scones with egg next time like the recipe Olly gave me. Hers still tasted nicer than mine. I found another recipe that I might give a go. Do drop me a line if you know a good scone recipe to share. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.

No comments:
Post a Comment