Strike Me Happy!
Teachers were on strike today so we didn't have to go to work. The bad news is that I don't get paid but there were plenty of good things that made me happy. I was still in my pajamas, reading my emails and saw that four people left comments on my last post. Ah, it's good to know there are people reading my blog. Then the postman arrived and delivered my first ever online ordered wool!

Since I started knitting 3 years ago, 90% of the yarn I used were acrylic. I just didn't have the funds to buy anything else. To be even more budget conscious, almost all my projects were small and only require small amounts of yarn. But then I found Bendigo Woollen Mills a few weeks ago and I can foresee my knitting going into a new direction. Not only was I supporting the local farmers and reducing my carbon footprint by buying locally, the yarn is ridiculously cheap as compared to those available at shops like Kmart, Big W, Spotlight and Lincraft - $11 for 200g of pure Australian wool! It's such a joy to knit with for so many reasons!
Following the high from the yarn delivery, Richard and I went to The Running Shop at East Gosford and bought a pair of shoes each. It was the best shopping experience I've ever had buying running shoes! The shop supplies many local sporting groups and is highly recommended by podiatrists. I can see why! I wouldn't go anywhere else from now on. They know their shoes!
I'm walking away my winter blues!
Well, it won't be me if I didn't have food porn to top off my good day. This one is a little bit unusual - cornflake crumbed baked chicken and crunchy roast potatoes! I followed the recipe from the Kellogg's Cornflake Crumb packet. Basically the chicken is coated with egg and dipped in a mixture of crumb and grated parmesan, then baked. I thought it needed a bit more oomph but tt wasn't too bad though. The roast potatoes, on the other hand, were yummy! I followed this recipe and added a sprinkle of Vegeta and dried rosemary prior to baking. Crisp on the outside but soft and fluffy inside. Mmm...
And a little warning before you read on. If you're on a diet, look away now.
Sinfully good! The chocolate chip cookies had soooo much dark chocolate chips, it's just wrong! Since it's double chocolate, do two wrongs make a right?
Recipe

No comments:
Post a Comment