Saturday, 25 October 2008

Neverending Scarf

The lace ribbon scarf took forever but it's finally finished after FIVE months!

It started innocently enough. How hard can it be? 3ply wool and 2.75mm needles should be ok, right?
Lace Ribbon Scarf WIP

Nope, not hard at all. Just monotonous and repititive and seemed to go on forever. I put it down for another project, and then another, and another, picked it up for five minutes and got tired of the slow progress, and started another project, and another. You get the idea.

Two metres of stitches later...
Lace Ribbon Scarf
Details on Ravelry

You know what the saddest thing is? I don't love the scarf. I like it. But I'm not in love. The yarn isn't soft and squishy enough and it just drapes limply. I've spent too much time on it to want to give it away so easily. But I think I would eventually when I knit another scarf I actually love. Otherwise, it would just taunt me every time I open the scarf drawer. *shudders

Tip: Save yourself the frustration and use lifelines when knitting this.

5 comments:

MelB said...

Good on you for finishing the scarf it looks great despite the never ending journey :)

Anonymous said...

hi salihan

i stumbled upon your blog and have spent the last few hours reading it - i am really enjoying your references to the beautiful central coast - i was born in gosford and grew up in umina! i now live in qld but still have family there. your very cool knitting projects have also inspired me to persevere learning the skill.
thankyou for a great read and i hope you don't mind me lurking around occasionally :)

-jaime.

Mette (Mettuska) said...

Hard job but now it´s done =) Looks beautiful!

Salihan said...

Thank you everyone!

Jaime, you're more than welcome to linger/stalk/browse/comment as much as you want. :D Cya around!

Éva said...

It's very nice!