Tuesday, 8 May 2007

Chemical-Free Laundry

Since we are moving, I have been cleaning the house and using a lot of store bought cleaners. I had a rash on my face by the end of Sunday! So I decided that I am going to stop using harsh cleaners and use chemical-free alternatives.

For starters, I have washed the laundry chemical-free. I have been using white vinegar instead of fabric softener for 2 years now and it works really well. But I went a step further and use the following recipe I found on the net instead of laundry detergent:

1/4 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup salt
1/4 cup baking soda
1-2 tsp eucalyptus oil (optional - I like the smell!)

I am blown away by how good it washed my clothes and they smell so fresh and clean! Try it out for yourself and tell me how it goes for you. I would really love to hear feedback.

No comments: